Hi there! I'm a newly married suburbanite-turned-urbanite, trying to turn our first house (apartment, let's be honest) into our first home, all while trying to make it not look like it's straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. Welcome to the crazy-ness.

xx

Friday, February 1, 2013

Imma Take Your Grandpa's Style


This happened. And I loved it.


Over at Young House Love, my favs John & Sherry decided to propose a little challenge based off of Macklemore's Thrift Shop. If you haven't heard this song, you haven't lived. It's the greatest thing (as of right now). Do it! The one right here is clean, so it's approved for little ears. But here's the real deal (awh yeah girl).



So I headed over to one of my local thrift shops (Salvation Army in Bloomington MN). I actually had never been to this one before, usually I'm a Goodwill kinda girl. With $20 in my pocket.


Big A$$ coat? Check! Even better? It's fur.


Maybe even a fur fox skin (emphasis on the fox, I have no idea.)


All pink outfits? TWO. BACK TO BACK. boom. Complete with shoulder pads.




So much winning going on. Not only are they footie pajamas, they're a Christmas Story footie pajamas with the leg lamp on them. 


Hey John & Sherry, look what I found too! Don't worry, I didn't take them home either. #creep


But look what I did take home! Kyle has been BUGGING ME NON-STOP to get a juicer. When we were registering for our wedding, I said a big fat NO to getting a big electric juicer. What do I need that for? I already have a KitchenAid. So we ended up getting the juicer attachment for the mixer, but someone wanted a smaller countertop version, WITH A HANDLE. So particular. But I found this gem, and all was well in the world.


Boom.


On my way to the thrift store, Thrift Shop came on. #FTW.


What are your recent thrift shop finds? Any repurposing going on? Any culminations of the world telling you to go to the thrift store too? Or is that just me and my life? Tell me!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment