Hi there! I'm a newly married suburbanite-turned-urbanite, trying to turn our first house (apartment, let's be honest) into our first home, all while trying to make it not look like it's straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. Welcome to the crazy-ness.

xx

Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Beginning

You have to start somewhere. And there really is no better time than now, especially seeing as how I'm not doing anything else worthy of writing home for at the moment.

So this is where it starts.

My absolute favorite bloggers and home DIY-ers, John and Sherry Petersik from Young House Love, were here in the STP & MPLS just a few days ago. I stood outside for about 3 hours, and another hour and a half inside, just to see them and have them sign their book for me, #truelove. Having read their story and even started following some of their good blogging buddies, I've decided that, seeing as how the Kyle and I have been doing quite a few DIY upgrades ourself, I might as well put it out there for everyone to see, and perhaps learn or even maybe be inspired from.

On this blog, you'll find a whole lot of everything. From furniture re-dos, to cooking trials and tribulations, baking "treats" to making our house (aka 600 sq. ft. 1 bedroom apartment) into our home. Kyle and I are in our first year of marriage, so I'm sure there will be a good chunk of that too. We're learning as we go here, so it will be the good, the bad, and the ugly, along with the WTH's. Don't let it frighten you, (we sure don't), because that's what comes along with this whole "new territory" thing.

I'll keep you posted.

xx
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment